3-Day Bocce Tournament for Men & Women
Approximately 50 men's teams and 20 women's teams
$100 Entry Fee Per Team - 4 Players and 1 Alternate
1'st Place - $700
2nd Place - $500
3rd Place - $300
1'st Place - $250
2nd Place - $150
3rd Place - $100
1. All games will be played with a time limit or to a score of 12 whichever comes first. The only games that will be played with no time limits are the games that are playing for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. If there is a tie at the end of the time limit then the team that scores the point at the end of the next round will be given the win. There will be no early games and the time you play will be posted on the board.
2. If all four of your team members are not on time then the first team with all four of their team members there can take the win if they choose. There is no grace period and it is up to the other team whether or not they want to give you extra time to get there. There will however be no extra time given on the game if the opposing team decides to wait. Please make sure you show up early with your full team.
3. If the pallino has not left the hand of the team that has the pallino before the time limit then the game is over. However if the pallino does leave the hand before the time limit then the round must be finished.
4. You must play with only the people that are written on your team sheet. The entire team sheet including the alternate needs to be filled out at registration.
5. A substitute cannot play for multiple teams. The sub can only play with the first team that they played for and must be on the team sheet.
6. If you move any balls on accident then your closest ball will be removed.
7. If your foot is over the line when you throw the ball then you will be given a warning the first time. The second time will result in you losing the ball.
8. You will be given two chances to throw the pallino past the center line. If you do not make it past the center line on the second throw then the other team will get two chances to throw the pallino past the center line.
9. You are only allowed to have one down man. It is his responsibility to be out of the court when the ball is thrown. If the ball hits your down man then you will lose the ball that you rolled plus your closest ball. If the ball hits the opposing teams down man then that team will lose their closest ball and you will get to reroll. If a ball hits the pallino and then pallino hits a down man then that down mans team forfeits all four points of the round. Please be out of the court and pay attention to what is going on. Allow for a reasonable amount of time for someone to get out of the court and do not intentionally try to hit anyone.
10. You can measure at any time to establish ONE point unless you concede your point. If you concede your point then a measurement is not allowed. It is your down mans responsibility to measure the ball if it is close.
11. Any alterations to the game due to an act of god will remain as is.
12. If a ball goes outside of the court then the ball is dead. If the pallino goes out of the court then the round is a wash and the teams will start from the other end.
13. You can request a referee at any time to ref your game or measure.
14. Coaching is not encouraged from the audience but is not forbidden.